Network Storage Device Password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Storage Device Password

I was given a Plextor Storx NAS 500L network storage device to reconfigure for another network in our company. I downloaded the config utility and pdf from the Plextor website. I managed to reset it to the factory default IP and but it asks for a password in order to enter the config utility and the default user and password of admin and root do not work. I am able to access the drive and the files on it but I need to change the IP Evidently it has retained the old password and I don't know how to reset it. We don't know who actually configured the device in the first place. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Re: Network Storage Device Password

Have you re-tried resetting it?
    Are there two levels of reset -- soft and hard?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have tried resetting it. I don't know about 2 levels of reset. I pushed the reset button in for varying amounts of time also unplugging holding the reset and then replugged

Comment

Did you read the PDF that you downloaded? It should have the instructions for resetting to Factory Defaults.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X