User accounts missing , using loginrecovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User accounts missing , using loginrecovery

As I have no floppy drive I burned a CD, according with instructions of loginrecovery.
    I put it in the PC I want to recover login, but the only accounts I get are:

Administrator 500
    Guest 501
    HelpAssistant 1000
    Support 1002
    Aspnet 1004

The User account I need to recover password does not appear.

I get no error messages. I get the information that all accounts are retrieved and I can switch off, but I know user accounts are missing...
    Can you help why this can happen?

Re: User accounts missing , using loginrecovery

Why dont you recover the administrator password, log in as the administrator and then take a look in computer management and see if the account is there and then reset it

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Furthermore, is the computer a part of a domain? Could it be that the "missing" users are in fact domain users?
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Danielp thanks for helping. Really the user accounts missing are domain accounts ( only now I reallized that). Do you know if I can get them with loginrecovery or another tool?
        I can also have the SAM and SYSTem files, if it is preferable.

Thanks

Comment

If they are domain users then why not just logon as Domain Admin and reset their passwords?
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Because PC (laptop) is no more in use with the domain sever (company was closed).

I do not know the mechanism, but user domain account ID and password should be available somewhere in the PC, since it is the one used for logon when Laptop is in standalone mode.

Thanks

Comment

See post by m80arm. He gave you the answer.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
              X