X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syskey Help

Hey Having Some Trouble Recovering Admin Password

ImRunning
    Windows XP, SP2, Logged into my kids account (saved my life), and he doesnt have admin privlidges.
    I need the admin password to install programs on this computer.
    I tried the first option with www.loginrecovery.com but it couldnt find most of my password. At work I help with writing passwords and I'm really really good at it but horrible with remebering them.

The Second option worked with the syskey. I dont have the CD key for windows xp anymore for this computer. I would have to buy a new version if something happened to it. I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. I wanted to know if the second option was safe to run without dangering the lifespan of my XP OS.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

PS< SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING. I CAN'T SPELL>

Re: Syskey Help

Start here
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305

or

make a linux boot cd to change the password

Comment

Re: Syskey Help

Originally posted by Agentile1990
      Hey Having Some Trouble Recovering Admin Password

ImRunning
      Windows XP, SP2, Logged into my kids account (saved my life), and he doesnt have admin privlidges.
      I need the admin password to install programs on this computer.
      I tried the first option with www.loginrecovery.com but it couldnt find most of my password. At work I help with writing passwords and I'm really really good at it but horrible with remebering them.

The Second option worked with the syskey. I dont have the CD key for windows xp anymore for this computer. I would have to buy a new version if something happened to it. I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. I wanted to know if the second option was safe to run without dangering the lifespan of my XP OS
      ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

PS< SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING. I CAN'T SPELL>
      .Hi i'm in the trouble you were now what is SYSKEY how does it work can you help me to overcome my probleme ?ihave got admin privileges any more and using my suns account now can any one help on how to recover te admin password

Comment

Working...
      X