SBS 2003 Administrator Password Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 Administrator Password Recovery

I have a client with 6 users whose SBS 2003 SP2 server was hacked and the administrator password was changed.

I tried the password recovery tools on this site. I have downloaded the programs referenced, and have not been able to obtain any access to the server. I have restarted the system in Directory Services Restore Mode, and do not have a local administrator account access either.

Is a parallel install my only option?

Thank you for your attention,

Brenda

Re: SBS 2003 Administrator Password Recovery

hi brenda,

do you have any other administrative level accounts?

If it was hacked, i'd consider nothing less than a rebuild anyway....
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by bthomson2 View Post
      I have a client with 6 users whose SBS 2003 SP2 server was hacked and the administrator password was changed.

I tried the password recovery tools on this site. I have downloaded the programs referenced, and have not been able to obtain any access to the server. I have restarted the system in Directory Services Restore Mode, and do not have a local administrator account access either.

Is a parallel install my only option?

Thank you for your attention,

Brenda
      It is possible to a password recovery on a DC. But its a lengthy process and took me over 4 hours once. Although i have only ever done this on a DC and not SBS. But the premise should be the same. That said i echo the advice of TehCamel. If the server has been compromised then i would do a fresh install from scratch.
      Last edited by scurlaruntings; 8th December 2010, 13:58.

Comment

If you rebuild the system, RENAME the Administrator password to something obscure. Make the bastards work a bit harder if they want to hack you. Also have a real good password and not an 8 character piss ant MS one.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X