password on BIOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password on BIOS

I work for a local Emergency Preparedness Office in Louisiana, during Katrina we had a shelter set up in our area, where we supplied red cross with some temporary laptops. During their stay someone from the red cross decied they needed to put a password in the BIOS, they did not leave the new password nor did they undo what they had done.
    Now when i start the computer up i get prompted for the password before any drives load up. I assume i'm going to have to take the laptop apart and hope their is a jumper that will clear the bios. I would prefer not to open it up since it is a laptop. Can anyone tell me if there is a way around this?

Re: password on BIOS

There are a couple of things that you can try. The first would be to contact the Red Cross and ask them what the password is.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Already tried contacting the red cross about getting the password and they don't know who changed it ( they worked in 7 day shifts). they advised me of all the passwords that they used, none worked. One of the guys who worked in our shelter (it was probably him) is now in jail for stealing the red cross car, so i don't think he's going to be any help now. Any other ideas?

Comment

Lots of ideas. http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=4755 Scroll down the page.

Laptop make and model?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

it's an HP OmniBook XE3
          Tech support has expired and the last experience i had with HP's tech support on an older laptop, didn't go to well. They pretty much slammed the door in my face and they didn't offer any options. I'll give them a call and see if they would be willing to help, but i don't expect to get anywhere with them.

Comment

spoke to Hp, they'll get it cleared over the phone for a charge of $34.95 which red cross has agreed to pay.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. Remember the proceedure so you may be able to assist someone with a similar problem in the future.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

400ex, would you please share with us what hp told you so you were able to get around the bios password? I've got a similar problem with an OmnibookXE3.

Comment

Working...
                X