No Adm password on Volume Encrypted HDD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Adm password on Volume Encrypted HDD

We use volume encryption at work. The enterprise constantly changes the local admin passwords via a GPO. When we need to troubleshoot network issues (and can't login with domain credentials) we need to decrypt the hard drive before booting into ERD Commander and changing the adm password. The decryption process can take anywhere in between 90 minutes and 4 hours.

We do have an access utility that gives us full access to the hard drive (in the encrypted environment) as a slave.

Is there any command line software that I can run that doesn't require its own PE environment? Basically I need something like Locksmith that words via command line. Locksmith requires ERD. Ugh!!

Help!

Re: No Adm password on Volume Encrypted HDD

IMHO you need to rethink your encryption strategy -- is it using microsoft EFS or some third party?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: No Adm password on Volume Encrypted HDD

Unfortunautely that's not anywhere close to being my decision. It's a third party solution. As I said, I do have an access utility. It gives you access to all the files on the drive but I dont know how to go about changing the adm password to gain access to the system without being in a windows environment.

Comment

Working...
      X