No announcement yet.

ERD Commander

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERD Commander

Is there a web site where I can get ERD Commander to help me solve a laptop password problem?

Re: ERD Commander

Free trial from Microsoft:
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Thanks for your reply, Ossian, however I've gone to your recommended web site and cannot down load ERD Commander. The files references are all dated 2008 or earlier. Is is possible (probable?) that Microsoft has stopped the free trial? I looked at their on-line video of the uses of ERD Commander and it looks exactly like what would correct my 'can't boot' problem. I think a System Restore would do it. Can you please look again at ERD Commander access and let me know if there is another way to get it, or perhaps recommend another process to get the same result.

My problem resulted from using a registry cleaner that apparently damaged the registry to the point that I can't boot past the log on screen which asks for a PW. I ran Offine NT Password and Registry Editor and supposedly deleted the PW if there was one because it now says the PW is 'empty'. However, I'm beginning to think that the registry is so damaged that there is no PW as I still cannot log on.

I look forward to your reply. Thanks in advance.

The link that you were provided with states:
        Originally posted by
        A couple of caveats. The trial version of ERD Commander is ERD Commander 2005. The latest version (currently ERD 6.0) is only shipping with the Desktop Optimization Pack. While version 6.0 is Vista compatible, 2005 is not (compatible with Windows NT, 2000, XP, and Server 2003). The trial period is 30 days. Next time you’re faced with an unbootable Windows XP system, give ERD Commander a try.
        so, it is still available albeit not the most current version. All the links are there for you to download the above mentioned version.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015