X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win xp changed my pwd out of nowhere!

Hello

Has this ever happened to you?

Last afternoon I was using my Win XP Pro SP2 normally, as I do everyday, and it's been years that I use the same password to log in my admin account.

This morning, as I tried to login, it didn't accept my pwd anymore!! It kept displaying that annoying msg "did you forget your pwd?"

It seems to have changed my pwd by himself! is that even possible?

Thanks
    Daniel

PS: btw, I have already tried Windows Password recovery, Openwall's John the Ripper and EBCD Emergency Boot CD, whithout any success... still trying....

Did you try this one:
    http://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password.htm

you should check past posts and replies before posting a new question,
    you'll find that most of the questions were asked and answered before.

Martin77

Comment

Hey thanks for your moderation. As you could see from my post (if you read it carefully), I am not asking questions about how to recover the password.

BTW, that I already did.
      As I also read the sticky before posting....

My doubt is that if anyone has ever experienced win xp changing you pwd "by himself"....

thank you

Comment

I've never heard of similar cases. XP doesn't tend to go around changing user passwords on its own.

Things to check:

1) Did you drink/smoke anything strong the night before? :P

2) Did anyone touch your computer? Is the computer in an accessible place, did you leave it logged on?

3) Did anyone hack into it and change your password? Is it connected to the Internet with no FW or any other restrictions? Is RDP enabled?

If none work, try using LOSTPASSWORD.COM, they can get your old password for you.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X