i am locked out of my imac can u help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am locked out of my imac can u help

i have forgottin the admin pass word on my imac it is running osx lepord thanx

Re: i am locked out of my imac can u help

Should this not have been posted in the forgotton password forum? A mod will likely move this thread shortly. Please take a minute to read through the forum rules
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: i am locked out of my imac can u help

Have you tried using the spare key under the welcome mat?

Okay, seriously. Try this is you still have the installatoin discs. Try this if you don't. However, note this disclaimer for the second link:
      Originally posted by Hackzine commenter
      "Not this caveat, from a commenter at Hackazine: if you have a FileVault-protected home directory, you cannot use this hack. Changing your password from the command line will render your home directory completely inaccessible, probably permanently."
      Let us know if it works!
      Last edited by Nonapeptide; 21st August 2009, 19:14.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
      X