User id for windows 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User id for windows 2000

I sold a computer to a friend and they evidently deleted the userID for logging in. and I have no idea what it the user id is...I called the person who sold it to me and they said to type in administrator, well I have and it's sit's not the correct one...I've abbreviated it, typed all caps, all lowercase, etc. and nothing...please help.

Re: User id for windows 2000

Follow the suggestions listed here, http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=2438 and you should be able to get back into the computer.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

The procedure in the article deals with RESETTING THE ADMINISTRATOR's password.

If the user you're trying to use is NOT the administrator, you'll need to figure out the proper username.

You could also use one of the paid tools (such as the ones listed in the original article), some of them could help you also determine the name of the user, and once you have that, you could reset that user's password.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by Margie42 View Post
        I sold a computer to a friend and they evidently deleted the userID for logging in. and I have no idea what it the user id is...I called the person who sold it to me and they said to type in administrator, well I have and it's sit's not the correct one...I've abbreviated it, typed all caps, all lowercase, etc. and nothing...please help.
        If you read the link I provided then you will see that the instructions for using the various options will allow you to remove (or Blank) the Administrator password. Then when you use CRTL+ALT+DEL, you type Administrator as the user account/user id and press ENTER. If the various instructions have been followed correctly then you should logon since there will be no password.

Failing this, you could take it to your local computer shop who I'm sure will use the same tools to blank the password and enable you to gain access to the computer with the forgotten password.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X