This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP Pro

I am trying to help a friend log on to his computer, When it starts there are no user accounts,(he doesnt know why they dissappeared) If you press Ctrl Alt Delete... It ask for the admin. password and he cant remember that either... Can anyone help..He doesnt have any start up disks at all.

start from here http://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password.htm

ensure that the user didnt encript the files using efs.

also try erd commander http://www.winternals.com/Products/ErdCommander/
    Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
    HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

TY

Thank you for your reply, I will try these right now

Comment

let us know if you succeeded
        Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
        HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
        the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Re: Windows XP Pro

Originally posted by Mysbehavin
          I am trying to help a friend log on to his computer, When it starts there are no user accounts,(he doesnt know why they dissappeared) If you press Ctrl Alt Delete... It ask for the admin. password and he cant remember that either... Can anyone help..He doesnt have any start up disks at all.
          What really really annoys me is the question why don't people read the welcome note for the forum???

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

ok

I did read the welcome note, And I have been trying everything I can (all night), Sorry I wasted your time.

Comment

Re: ok

Originally posted by Mysbehavin
              I did read the welcome note, And I have been trying everything I can (all night), Sorry I wasted your time.
              Hmmm... you're not wasting my time, you're wasting YOUR time. See, the point in a welcome note is so that everyone will read it BEFORE asking questions, especially the one-time-question-askers. Now, because YOU asked the question, then got a reply that pointed you to the right article (which WAS already mentioned in the welcome note you said you've already read...), and since YOU said

Thank you for your reply, I will try these right now
              I can only assume that prior to asking the initial question you did NOT read the welcome note, because that could have saved YOU the time and energy to ask, wait for an answer, then come back and say thanks.

Now you're saying that you tried it all night BEFORE asking the question?

That doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, if you tried it all night and didn't succeed, please tell us what method you tried, what went wrong, what error messages you got and so on.

Does this ring a bell???

Oh, yeah, these guidelines are in my SECOND STICKY NOTE... Oh, it seems that you missed that one too, didn't you? Because if you had read it, you would be here asking the question in the right way, and already getting help in the right way, instead of messing around with silly pride games.

Now, to wrap this up - if you want help, follow the guidelines. Period.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

OMG

You really need help soooo much more than I do!
                Yes I did miss the erd commander link...Fuck...SHOOT me!!
                I thought that that I was doing something wrong, Thats why I posted..It wont happen again ASSHOLE!

Comment

This is not a good answer....
                  MCSE w2k
                  MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
                  MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

oh well

Neither was his statement....I missed 1 link and had to deal with this..Everyone makes mistakes, Didnt know I was going to cause this problem...

Comment

I'm sorry you took it so personally, but the worst part was your choice of words.

Goodbye.
                      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                      X