Cannot login with any account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot login with any account

After i found out i had a virus, using msconfig i changed my boot settings to go in safe mode. I then backed up my system state registry to change some registry in safe mode once I had restarted the computer. Now, I cannot login with my normal account, administrator, guest or anything else. I used Peter Nordahl's thing to change passwords and that also didnt work. I was also surprised to see that the computer did not register my normal account while doing the process. I dont know what to do now! Can someone please help, im struggling!
    Would making backup delete my user account? I dont know what is happening.

Thanks

What kind of message are you receiving?

Domain account or local account?

What did you change on the registry?
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

The message was: The system could not log you on. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again. ....

Can you explain the difference between a local and a domain. I dont really know

I havent actually changed anyting on the registry yet cuz i never got to log on.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JBizzle
        I havent actually changed anyting on the registry yet cuz i never got to
        "I mean in save mode"

Domain account it's located on the server domain controller. Local account is located on your local machine. You can see if you are using local or domain account on the login screen. You have User, Password, and Domain fields! On the domain field you have the name of your machine and another name that is the domain that your machine belong.
        Try to make login in safe mode with the administrator password!
        Can you do it?
        Sorry my english is not so good
        MCSE w2k
        MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

lets just clear something up
          This is happening on another computer, not the one i am on now. With the other comp i cannot login at all even in safe mode or anything. Sorry if you misinterpreted that.

I think it is local cuz there is no domain tab in the login screen.

I have not changed any registry at all, the only thing i have done is backed it up with a plan to change it after i restarted my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by JBizzle
            lets just clear something up
            I think it is local cuz there is no domain tab in the login screen.
            Yes your're right it's a combo box and the label is "Logon To" but here you see the domain name if the machine belongs to one, and the machine name itself.

Have you sure you are not typing a wrong password or user name?
            Do you have network? Can you access to this computer remotly?
            Try to access on C drive:

\\computer\c$

Can you do that?
            MCSE w2k
            MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Working...
            X