Forgotten Administrator Password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten Administrator Password

Hi, I've forgotten the Administrator password for Windows Vista. I can use the computer using the kids account with limited access. When I typed the wrong password, it gives an option to reset password but says a password reset disk is needed. I have googled this but it does cost, any out there for free? Or any other suggestions?

All help appreciated

I'm currenly downloading the following password 'cracker', has anyone heard of it? Any thoughts or advice on it?

PROGRAM NAME REMOVED
    Last edited by biggles77; 22nd April 2009, 06:42. Reason: Removed name of cracking program

Re: Forgotten Administrator Password

Originally posted by denisecr1 View Post
    Hi, I've forgotten the Administrator password for Windows Vista. I can use the computer using the kids account with limited access. When I typed the wrong password, it gives an option to reset password but says a password reset disk is needed. I have googled this but it does cost, any out there for free? Or any other suggestions?

All help appreciated

I'm currenly downloading the following password 'cracker', has anyone heard of it? Any thoughts or advice on it?

PROGRAM NAME REMOVED
    I would suggest you try the options at the following link as they are known to work. http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=2438

Any further references to the program you mention may incur an infraction penalty.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I found this on another site. www.amset.info Instructions for Windows XP and Windows 2000.
      1. Modify the BIOS so that the machine boots from the CD-ROM.
      2. Load the Windows 2000/XP disk and boot the machine.
      3. Move through the boot process until you reach the option to install or repair. Choose repair.
      4. Allow the install to begin and copy files across.
      5. For Windows 2000 wait until it is registering components then press shift F10 to open a command prompt.
        For Windows XP, once it has rebooted and wait until it is "Installing devices", press Shift and F10 to open a command prompt.
      6. If you are using Windows 2000, enter the command "control.exe" (minus quotes) to open the control panel.
        In Windows XP type in "nusrmgr.cpl" (again minus quotes), which will open the user control panel.
      7. Use the tools to reset the passwords as required. Once complete, close the control panel applets you have open and type exit to close the command prompt window.
      8. Allow the repair to complete as normal.

Comment

Ameset.info is run by Sembee, a very active mod here, so I can recommend it as a good source
        However, cashmint, we prefer new posters don't post live links for their first 10 posts or so as we get rather a lot of spammers here.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X