Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't have the Domain administrator password. How do I reset it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have the Domain administrator password. How do I reset it?

I'm in the same pickle. Just inheriting the network from another IT fellow. He not avaliable for information, and we are Desperate to get access to the server. I need to get into the server.

I'm a bit scared to screw everything up, so maybe i can get a little help.

I need to logon to the server. I don't have an administrator password. I don't want to damage the existing system, and i know there is a certain amount of risk, but would anyone mind please walking me thru what i need to do to gain access? Once we are in ther server, we can get the IT from our Software company to take over, but we need to get into ther server first.

Anyone?

Re: I don't have the Domain administrator password. How do I reset it?

This post was moved from another member's thread. Please do not hijack threads. Always start your own thread for your problem even if it is similar to your own. Ta.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: I don't have the Domain administrator password. How do I reset it?

And what sort of server is it?
      If it is Novell you may be able to cancel at logon and get in that way
      if it is a more recent Microsoft one, the rules are different

Note the above was meant to be a joke -- I assume it is Windows 2000 or higher
      If so, check other threads including one in the SBS forum about domain admin passwords
      Do you have any other accounts with domain admin permissions?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X