Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locked out of computer (split from GPO forum)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked out of computer (split from GPO forum)

I think I did the sort of the same thing with my computer. I bought it from a guy who built it and I changed the names he had for users. One was something.net and the other was user. I put the .net name as administrator and the owner as limited account so when I log off or turn comp off it only shows my 5 year olds account.
    Sorry I would have posted this myself but I can not figure out how to do that either. Have not gotten to that chapter in the book yet.

Re: account lock out

Originally posted by myshelasia View Post
    I think I did the sort of the same thing with my computer. I bought it from a guy who built it and I changed the names he had for users. One was something.net and the other was user. I put the .net name as administrator and the owner as limited account so when I log off or turn comp off it only shows my 5 year olds account.
    Sorry I would have posted this myself but I can not figure out how to do that either. Have not gotten to that chapter in the book yet.
    Before posting again, please read the forum rules. Then start your own thread to request help for your problem.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: account lock out

Split from Account Lockout thread and moved to "Forgot password" forum
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Locked out of computer (split from GPO forum)

Myshelasia, it is not clear to me whether you have locked_out your self from the Administrators role Or, you just want to recover the content of the 'My Documents' folders from recently lost useraccounts?

Can you clarify by refrase the question please. And please add as much relevant details as you can give about what you like to recover and how exactly what way you have renamed the accounts.

Can you still log-on with an account that has all the Administrator rights on the computer?

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
        X