Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error after booting in DSRM

Hi

when I'm booting in directory service restore mode, I am to logon but as soon as my profile is loaded; I have a popup telling that windows can't be activated in this mode and the only choice I have is to reboot in normal mode and I can't logon because I forget the password on my LAB DC

what can i do to avoid that ?

Re: error after booting in DSRM

It sounds to me that the OS needs activating. Did you download the software as a trial, is it on a VHD or was the software used for the lab from another system?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      It sounds to me that the OS needs activating. Did you download the software as a trial, is it on a VHD or was the software used for the lab from another system?
      Hi I'm using a 120 days trial version. My problem is that I can't activate the software if I'm n ot able to connect with the administrator password in normal mode

thanks

Comment

Install it over the top using the second Repair option and that will allow you to enter a new Admin password.

Suggestion. When I am using trial software, VHD or testing something out, I use a default password that is the same for everything (obviously I do NOT use this in a production environment). I use Password1 as this meets 3 of the 4 complexity requirements and is very easy to remember. Save a bucket load of time trying to remember it as well.

Another option is to use the methods here http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=2438 and blank out the password so you can add a new one later.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Oh biggles....
          Now I'm going to have to change my admin password
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
            Oh biggles....
            Now I'm going to have to change my admin password
            Millions of passwords all over the world have now been compromised.

Comment

Working...
            X