Cant recover password..Pls Pls help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant recover password..Pls Pls help

I have this compter that i bought from work. I was added as user and was using untill one day i decided to change the domain name and clicked on user group and created a group. The computer then ask to reboot so i did. After this i cant logon even with the right password. Now the domain option does not show up on the log screen. It wont let me log on. I did the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor by Peter Nordahl and followed the instruction to leave the password as blank. That did not work either now. Please help me as i have a lot of stuff on this machine and doo not want to re-image it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    A big Moron

Please tell us exactly what you did. What OS, what was the configuration prior to the change, what exactly did you change ("clicking on a user group" as you said doesn't mean that much and doesn't make much sense, does it?).
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Ok i am running NT 4.0 and i went under system properties under computer name and then clicked on "To rename this computer or join a domain" . In there i had Domain name as "SA2" so removed this Domain name and clicked on Workgroup and entered "HOUSE". It then asked me to restart the computer which i did. Then when i tried to login with my user name and passwd it wont let me login and says passwd is incorrect. I dont have the option to select the domain like before. I dont have the Admin passwd to login as admin and it wont let me login as a user like before as there is no domain.

Comment

So now you don't have the password of the local Administrator. Right?

Please follow my articles as described in the forum announcement. You should be able to safely reset the admin password by using one of the methods described there.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I tried using the procedure by Offline NT Password & Registry Editor by Peter Nordahl and made a disk and rebooted the pc. After that i selected to blank the Adminstrator password and then rebooted the machine. I then login using Adminstartor and with a blank password and it says incorrect password. Please let me know which method to follow in my case.

Comment

Well, I suggest you try either one of the other methods and let us know.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I mentioned in my post that i am running NT but i am actually running WIN2000 i guess thats why i was not able to use Peter Nordahl procedure. Please let me know what can i use for WIN2000 as your announcement post says that it will require third party expensive software to recover the Admin passwd

Comment

Please, don't make me repeat myself like a broken record. READ THE ARTICLE, FOLLOW THE OUTLINED STEPS, and recover your password. Do you need me to come over and personally show you how to do it?

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                X