Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain to Workgroup Now can not go back to domain. Plesae help

Hi there
    I made a really great mistake. I was trying to connect my laptop to my office pc so i had to configure the domain to the same workgroup as my laptop. And after restarting there is no domain exist and i can not login to the server. from the local user i tried to establish the domain but it is asking for the username and pass (domain admin pass i suppose). i do not have the domain id and password. now dont have access to my office files and no security and other issues . please help how can i get it fixed. i dont want to reset the pass, just reveal the pass word. is there any live cd available to do that. if i cant fix it i'll be in big trouble with my boss. so please help.

thanks in advance.

Re: Domain to Workgroup Now can not go back to domain. Plesae help

Go to your IT department, bring in a huge cake and ask them to reconnect your laptop to the domain.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

If i wanted to do that why i would come to this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

Comment

You can't join the domain without the domain admin credentials. If you get into trouble, then it's because you've breached company policy, and if that is the case then we're not going to help you cover it up. Dumber has answered your question telling you exactly what you need to do, and what you can do to encourage your IT staff to help you - what more do you want?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

First of all, think about your attitude, and read this in multiple ways.
          You have possible breached the companies security policy and the laptop needs to be checked by the IT department.
          Take your responsibility.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE

Comment

Originally posted by tapash View Post
            If i wanted to do that why i would come to this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!????
            Because it's the only way to fix it?

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
              Go to your IT department, bring in a huge cake and ask them to reconnect your laptop to the domain.
              I am not sure whether they deserve the cake for giving normal users such rights to join a workgroup in the first place .... Unless of course it is a "bubby trap" in order to get more cakes
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Well I've worked for a company where the internal IT department (I was external) wanted that every user was a local admin.
                Well I kicked and kicked and kicked but I'd lost it.

Sometimes you have no choice.
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands

Comment

I believe any Authenticated user can join machine to the domain up to 10 times by default.
                  Regards,
                  John

Comment

From the wording of the question, it sounds like the user has already tried to rejoin the domain, and failed - most IT departments don't want users joining machines to the domain, which is understandable. Keep in mind that the original question also asks how to reveal the domain admin password - incredibly dodgy.

Originally posted by tapash
                    i dont want to reset the pass, just reveal the pass word
                    Couple that with the fact that he'll get into trouble if this is revealed to his boss, then it sounds suspicious.
                    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Fully agree that it is not the road that he needs to take to get this issue taken care of. I was just stating the fact that you donít have to have the Domain Admin rights to join computer to the domain.
                      Regards,
                      John

Comment

There is option that it has been disabled.
                        Also I think that when someone breached his company (security) policy he should take his responsibility.
                        But yet, your right, per default it's possible to join up to 10 clients to the domain.
                        Marcel
                        Technical Consultant
                        Netherlands

Comment

Working...
                        X