No announcement yet.

Windows XP forgotten password

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP forgotten password

Hey, I created a password for my Admin account a while back. I have forgotten it (evidently). Anyway, I've tried everything I can think of, I can only find the Admin account if I go into safe mode, and even then I can't access it, due to the password.
    Also, there is a folder, on my main account when you double click my computer called 'Documents'. When I try to access it, it pops up "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents is not accessible. Access is denied." It won't even let me open the properties of this folder. This is the folder I've been trying to access.
    Before I set this password (if I remember rightly) I could access it fine.
    I'm quite computer literate, so if you have any help please let us know.

Cheers ~ Dan

Re: Windows XP forgotten password

If you can find a copy of loftcrack on the web you'll be able to use it to get the password... I googled it and found this but I'm not sure if it's a working copy...

Good luck
    Last edited by rvalstar; 8th January 2009, 08:30. Reason: We don't allow links that reference cracked software (Key Gen in this case)

Re: Windows XP forgotten password

Dan, what have you tried so far. Have you tried the techniques discussed in other threads in this forum? Have you tried the suggestions in Daniel's article?

If you don't tell us what you've tried, then we can't suggest other things to try.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.