No announcement yet.

Someone help me plz!!!!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone help me plz!!!!

Ok so first off I wanna say I really dun even know if I am in the right place here, but I really need some help. I am here with some hope that someone will know how to help me.
    Ok, so my pc acting really funny lately, not sure why, dun care at this point, so I decided to reformat. I have done this before, however, a friend made a boot disk, and everything was pretty easy. But, somehow I have lost the floppy, dun ask how, and so I thought i would go it without the boot disk since I am not even sure how to make a new one.
    So I put in my windows xp disk, I had to boot from cd in BIOS, it booted disk drivers at the bottom of the screen, then I hit f10. Then it asked me for the Admin password, now when I reformatted my last pc, I only had to hit enter at this point, and it continued, yet this time I have to put the in password, giving me only 3 attempts. Only thing is, I don't know what it is. It is not the same password as the one I use to login to windows on my user accounts, so does anyone know what this password is if different then the windows login, or how I can retreive it so I can move past that point in the reformat?
    Any info would help, I am willing to try anything.
    Thanks Mary-Lu

Why do you have to press F10 when installing XP? I don't follow.

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services

i think you are trying to get into the recovery console. Daniels right, you dont need to do this. Just let the CD load into the blue set up screen.
      UK Newbie!