Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical situation ! Pls help

Hey all,

This is Raj from Bangalore and this is my first post.

I'm in a typical position and I want some help from this forum.
    I want to use my USB port for activating uSB memory stick and copy some books/notes/data onto it from my office.. But the problem is there is no floppy drive, CD drive, and they have disabled USB port also in bios. and protected it by bios 'setup' password. I shouldn't open the PC to reset the bios using jumpers.. neither I cannot flash rom. Can anyone give a good and helpful suggestion to copy my data onto USB drive..I want to enable it without resetting the entire bios. I can't upload the data to some mail id like gmail, yahoo or something as I don't have net connection at home. Pls Pls help in this regard.

Thanks in advance, Raj.

Good luck......................you'll need it.

If you can't get into the BIOS to re-enable the USB ports then there's no way around it. If you can't remember the BIOS password then the only thing you can do is reset your BIOS to factory defaults.

The only thing I can think of is to install a PCI USB Hub, this "shouldn't" get disabled by the BIOS.

Let us know how you get round it,

Topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Originally posted by topper
      Good luck......................you'll need it.

If you can't get into the BIOS to re-enable the USB ports then there's no way around it. If you can't remember the BIOS password then the only thing you can do is reset your BIOS to factory defaults.

The only thing I can think of is to install a PCI USB Hub, this "shouldn't" get disabled by the BIOS.

Let us know how you get round it,

Topper
      Thanks Topper for response, I haven't forgot the password, its set by sys admin's and they'll not enable it if I request them to do so. So, I wanted any workaround. I agree, its a foolish question, but I thought if I could any alternate. but, thanks anyways.
      Regards, Raj.

Comment

Raj, depending on the Security Policy of the company you work for, by passing security impliment by management could be a sackable offence. Keep that in mind, is it worth loosing your job for?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X