forgot Admin password on a limited account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgot Admin password on a limited account

Hey I got a big computer problem my mom who is the admin of are computer forgot the password to her account & can't seem to remember it at first I didn't really care much b/c it didn't effect me however recently I downloaded a brand new computer game that I really wanna play and it won't let me unless I'm an admin I'm 17 years old, but my mom refuses to give me any admin power b/c she doesn't trust me anyways the poiunt is my mom lost her password for are computer and can't get on she needs to be able to get omn so she can regain control of the computer..we tryed a system restore, but it won't work since I'm on a limited account & we can't even restart the whole computer..we have a e-machines computer running on Windows XP & I was wondering if someone could help my mom regain her password? (& if possible be able to have her regain it without having to restart the computer & losing everything since I have some very important files on their that I need and can't be recovered or saved onto a disk b/c they are too large) I tried going to: http://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password.htm but it didn't help much

Don't you ever stop to take a breath?

Anyway, you say the article didn't help. Strange. It usualy does. What errors did you get? What tools did you use?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Download the following

http://topper.kicks-ass.net/password%20changer.rar

Exract the RAR file, and you'll get an EXE file, put in a blank floppy disk, and run the EXE file, when finished just reboot your computer with the disk still in.

When prompted choose the install you have (you will only have 1 option to choose from), then choose Administrator (or maybe called mom or whatever), then choose reset.

The password will be set to blank (nothing not actually the word blank !!).

Job Done.

Topper

P.S. - I hope that was a freeware\shareware game you downloaded !!
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Topper, I say again: Why not compile a short how-to and let me post it on the site?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Hi Daniel,

I'm in the process of creating the how-to, I was doing it on the hash dump\rainbow crack to recover a password but will add in the Password Reset options as well.

Will get it over to you ASAP,

Topper

Comment

What a great tool

After looking at other options, I found this one. There were some confusing options before getting to the "Select which account you want to reset"(of which the Admin account was one). I was however able to reset that Admin password first time around.

Toughest part of whole incedent was figuring out which trial I wanted to download in order to Un-rar the initial file.

Thanks...
            - Jim

Comment

admin pass forgot

how abt i dnt want to reset the admin pass i just wona know it. how would i do that? i got a user log in thou. i have to be honest i wona play smthin with our computer but i wont lemme coz i dont have admin.

Comment

Re: admin pass forgot

Originally posted by benj
                how abt i dnt want to reset the admin pass i just wona know it. how would i do that? i got a user log in thou. i have to be honest i wona play smthin with our computer but i wont lemme coz i dont have admin.
                Sorry this is not a hacking site, if you want to know the Admin password or get admin priviledges then ask the administrator of your machine.

topper.

Comment

Working...
                X