Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Admin Password - no floppy drive

Hi there-

I've read all of the different options for password retreival, but they all require a floppy drive - I do not have a floppy drive.

I just need to get in as admin, do I have any other options?

Thanks for your reply...
    Dan
    [email protected]

Use the cd rom drive. There are options from Petri.co.il that will help you.
    Last edited by danielp; 10th October 2005, 12:21.

Comment

Errr how about install a floppy drive?? They only cost 5 (next to nothing). Small price to pay to get back into a systen you are locked out of, surley!
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Lost Admin Password - No Floppy Drive

I have lost the admin password and the problem is not that I have no floppy drive, the system does not allow me to boot from any external drive at all.

How do I log on to Windows? Please help!

Regards

Comment

Installing a floppy will not class it as an external drive, if you mean you cannot boot off anything other than your HDD, than change the boot order in your BIOS to enable this.

Topper
          * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Lost Admin Password - No Floppy Drive

Thanks Topper,

You are right, the machine only allows me to boot off the HDD. Cany you please advise me how to change the BIOS. Would really appreciate this.

Regards

Comment

Go into your BIOS settings,

Usually either F2, F10 or Del, to get in on boot up. All are different so I can't be specific but you are looking for Boot Order, here you can change the order in which devices are checked for bootability (not a word but you get what I mean) after POST so floppy or CD is above HDD in the pecking order.

Job Done.

Topper

Comment

Post subject: Lost Admin Password - No Floppy Drive

Thanks Topper once again,

But the problem is a little bit more tricky. The machine is set up without the even the option of boot from a floppy or cd drive. This machine belonged to my old company for USD 25 (fully discounted). After that I have not used the machine for some time and I forgot the password.

Now I am trying to revive the machine to pass on to my father and lo behold I have this problem. Its a old IBM Notebook.

Sorry I did not give you the full context of the problem.

Regards

Comment

Re: Post subject: Lost Admin Password - No Floppy Drive

Originally posted by Sadsick
                  The machine is set up without the even the option of boot from a floppy or cd drive.
                  Do you mean you don't actually have a floppy or CD installed or connected to the laptop ?

If not then all I can say is good luck...... there's not much else you can do, unless you have an external HDD bay, or another PC which you can plug it into (using IDE convertor).

Topper

Comment

Working...
                  X