Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Administrator password was changed, how can I make a new password?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Administrator password was changed, how can I make a new password?

Due to personal reasons my stupid sister has taken it upon herself to change my Administrator password and now I have to log-in as a guest. I need to get to my files for work and I'm really getting frustrated. How can I reset the password to something else? I use Windows XP and just so ya know:

1) Anything involving Safe Mode doesn't work. It's worse because still asks for a password and doesn't even give me the option of using a guest log-in.

2) Anything involving cmd doesn't work either. All the things I type in say "Access Denied".

So is there anything that can be done? I was going to try beating the answers out of her but she's a female and I don't want to be arrested for assault. While we're on the subject of legalities, could I possibly press charges against her for tampering with my computer?

Re: My Administrator password was changed, how can I make a new password?

Have a look here.
    http://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password.htm
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

First of all, get yourself and read the forum rules!
      Using such a language on the forum is not something we are willing to accept! Although we will not beat the answers out of you, we use other means.
      But the most important is the legality of your actions. Do you own the computer you are asking us to help you crack in?
      Together with not searching the forums before asking the question and not posting in the Welcome thread in the Coffee Lounge, I would say you started with the left foot.
      I would read those rules and start from scratch.
      Last edited by sorinso; 13th November 2008, 07:16.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
        First of all, get yourself and read the forum rules!
        Using such a language on the forum is not something we are willing to accept! Although we will not beat the answers out of you, we use other means.
        Sorry, I didn't know personal things would upset anyone who doesn't know me, especially when the language I used wasn't that bad.

But the most important is the legality of your actions. Do you own the computer you are asking us to help you crack in?
        First of all I'm not asking to crack into anything, I'm asking for a password recovery or how to reset the password. Second, yes I own the computer and I have files that I've spent hours and hours hunting down on it.

Together with not searching the forums before asking the question and not posting in the Welcome thread in the Coffee Lounge, I would say you started with the left foot.
        I would read those rules and start from scratch.
        Ok sure I should've searched the forum first but I DID make an introduction thread (named: Yeah hi) but I guess talking about hating my family was cause enough for someone to delete it.

Thanks guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade Web View Post
          Sorry, I didn't know personal things would upset anyone who doesn't know me, especially when the language I used wasn't that bad.
          This is a professional forum and members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

First of all I've moved your thread to the forgotten password forum (so you posted in the wrong forum)

Second your hi message is merged in the correct welcome thread.
            http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?p=133228

So for me it seems you didn't read the forum rules.
            Anyhow, back on topic please.
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
            X