Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Admin password but cant get into windows...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Admin password but cant get into windows...

Hey guys...(new here!0

i have a problem... yesterday i restarted my pc and i got this error that a file is missing or corropt:
    <windos]/system32/hal.dll

Now i found on internet there is a way to fix this...so what i did is follow the steps...but then i says i need to enter the admin password...and i dont have that! I tried all passwords i used in my life and also blank or just 'password or administrator' all doenst work..

now my question is how to i get that password...as i cant go into windows (even with safe mode)..

please help me!

thanks

Try this:

http://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password.htm
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Well i have a similar problem see my laptop is/was part of a network but the company policy was that they could monitor everything i did on my machine and that i was not allowed to make certain changes. really annoying since i was only there on contract. they also had their "no change" policy so strictly enforced that they had an administrator who had a password to restrict my use of it. now i need to change certain settings and cannot and do not wish to format my machine. and the administrator is unwilling to give me the password as they will probably want me go on contract again in about 2 months.
      (WINDOWS XP SP1)
      so now i can get into windows just not as an administrator... can anyone help ? P.s. i really can't format the machine ..

this machine is part of a domain so is there any way of getting past the password?
      oh and obviously i don't care if i have the password(especially considering it is my machine) ... but the administrator does .. but what they don't can't hurt them right?

Comment

If you want to find out the password rather than just reset it then go to

http://www.xppasswordrecovery.co.uk/loginrecovery/

Download the Floppy Disk image, Boot PC with Disk, let the disk do it job, (Gets the Password Hash's from the local SAM) upload the file to the site and wait for results, if you don't like the idea of the site doing the work, then you can always download Rainbow Crack and do it your self but generating the Rainbow Tables takes a long time.

I've used this and it works perfectly,

Topper
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Or if you just want to pi$$ off the Admin this is a fantastic tool for resetting the password to Blank.

Just create a boot disk from the file (self extracting) boot up choose the install you want to reset, job done.

http://topper.kicks-ass.net/password changer.rar

Topper

Comment

Originally posted by topper
            If you want to find out the password rather than just reset it then go to

http://www.xppasswordrecovery.co.uk/loginrecovery/

Download the Floppy Disk image, Boot PC with Disk, let the disk do it job, (Gets the Password Hash's from the local SAM) upload the file to the site and wait for results.

Note that now they charge money for their once-free service. That's why I removed them from my free tools listings.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

It's still free if you are willing to get pushed to the bottom of the queue.

Although the disk is still free and rainbow crack is still free so DIY.

Topper

Comment

Topper, maybe you can write a small FAQ on this, and I'll host the files an9 the FAQ on the site? I'll be glad to add it.
                Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Will do,

Topper

Comment

hey

hi guys i got a question.

i umm.. "forgot" my admin password to get onto my main windows xp prof. account. i have admin privs on another account but i need a program that is not only installed on the account who's pw i don't have, but it is also apparently running on it so i can not reinstall it. i tried using dos to open it but access was denied.. i would reinstall my os but i no longer have the cd -- dumb parents lost it. is there a crack or something i can get that can unlock passwords?

thanks for the help

*edit* - i noticed that you have posted some links but will they work for Windows XP Professional? thanks again.

Comment

Yea read the entire post you just replied to...

Or if you are and Admin on that PC then just change the password under Local Usres and Groups in Compter Management mmc.

Topper

Comment

Admin Password Reset for Windows XP

Hi,

I tried this http://topper.kicks-ass.net/password changer.rar but perhaps I need some help making this into a bootable disk file. Can you advise?

Comment

Hi,

disregard my previous email. Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I've tried two of the recomended apps for reseting my admin password and both didnt work. The one thing I think it might be is that the partition with the SAM file is not NTFS or FAT. It is a type called extended. Both apps don't seem to recognise this type of partition. Any suggestions?

Comment

Re: Admin Password Reset for Windows XP

Originally posted by HalfBee
                              Hi,

I tried this http://topper.kicks-ass.net/password changer.rar but perhaps I need some help making this into a bootable disk file. Can you advise?
                              i see you figured it out, could you possibly help me? i saved it to a floppy now is it all ready or do i have to format the disk somehow?

*edit* well i've tried formatting my disk but for some reason it won't automatically start up when i reset my computer. and the computer managment keeps giving me an "access denied" error when i try to reset the password for the other account. help anyone?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X