User domain password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User domain password

I need to know how to reset a user name in a domain...The computer is a Dell laptop windowsXP pro

Do you have domain admin rights? If you do, just open DSA.MSC from the CMD and right-click his user account and choose "Reset Password".
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

no I do not have administrator rights

Comment

Well then, ARE you thye domain admin or are you just trying to hack the class computer?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

well it's a computer that was gave to me and it used to be a work computer it has a lot of good programs that I don't think I can replace so I did not want to uninstall windows or mess any of the programs up...I was not sure if I change the admin.password it would not let me us some of the programs so I thought the user name would work better for now untill I need admin. rights................what do you think I should do to make sure I don't mess up the programs? P.S If wanted to see something in the computer of a techer I would just us linux I am not a student just a stay at home mom that has a good program I don't want to trash...

Comment

Just to clarify.
            Are you part of a network with a domain controler or a standalone computer?
            ________
            IKEA GIFT CARDS
            Last edited by syncme; 23rd April 2011, 06:54.

Comment

it was part of a domain the is domain no longer active....if I change the admin.password and not the domain pass can I get in windows????????

Comment

Do you have the option to log on locally to the computer, i.e. not to the domain? Do you have a drop down list on the logon page? If you do then you might be able to crack the local administrator's password.
                Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

At logon next to domain you can uncheck it and it has a drop down for the domain..

Comment

Do you have a prompt like this:

i.e. you can select the computer to log on to or the domain.
                    Server 2000 MCP
                    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

yes it is something like that in the drop down box it has the domain name and a then a presons name it also has a check box next to where the domain name is ..as if you unchecked it you would not log in to it......sorry for being so much trouble

Comment

Working...
                      X