Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSA.MSC missing .. please help!

http://www.petri.com/reset_domain_ad...ws_2000_ad.htm

I've tried resetting an admin domain password, but the DSA.MSC file is missing? I've completed an entire search of the hard-drive and it's not there. Can you offer any suggestions please (perhaps it could be saved under a different name, or is it possible to copy it to the drive?)

Thanks,
    AussieM8

What function does the server perform? Is it the DC? Is it a member server? If not a DC, why not perform the operation on a DC? Also, you could simply install the ADMINPAK.MSI package to add DSA.MSC.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks for the reply Daniel.

The pc I am trying this on is a workstation attached to a local server. The DC is offsite as it's a corporate setup.

I've been able to reset my local Admininstrator password, but unable to set the domain admin account. We logon with "[email protected]" and I have tried to replicate this by creating a duplicate user account when logged on as the local Admin but I get a message saying the domain is not present.

If I was to install the adminpak on this workstation to extract dsa.msc, do you think this would work??

Comment

Or perhaps I need to try something like this?

dsa.msc /domain=domain1

(I'm at home now, so can't try it until I get to work)

Comment

Then you'll need to install the ADMINPAK.MSI on that computer, and continue the steps outlined in the article.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X