Admin password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin password

I have a rather odd problem. Recently, my computer started freezing up. I get crash dumps, a resource conflict and other errors at different times. I have vista and my computer is an acer aspire 5100. I tried reinstalling vista with my password. I press Alt and f10 upon startup. I havent put a password on that area but the hint tells me that it is my admin password but then it tells me that it is invalid. I can log into my computer with this password but when I tried to change the password, I get that windows cannot change password or that it is invalid. All I want is to get it straightened out so I can reinstall vista. I do not have my vista disks so I need to do it this way. Please, can anyone help?

Re: Admin password

If you don't have the Vista installation media how did it get installed on the laptop in the first place? If you bought Vista then you should have the installation media. If the laptop came with Vista pre-installed then the manufacturer should have provided the installation media or a system restore CD/DVD. If you got it some other way then I would suggest popping over to your local computer store and purchasing a legitimate copy of it.

Comment

Many manufacturers are delivering systems with no media these days... When I buy a computer I INSIST on them supplying their OEM media so that I can reinstall without using System Restore Disks - which make me want to kill things.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Wrong forum as well.

Should be in the forgotten password forum.

Comment

Working...
        X