Lost Administrators password for windows xp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Administrators password for windows xp

I lost my password to my administrator anyone know how I can recover it ? I am in safe mode and I can't seem to get out that either? Please help!

Re: Lost Administrators password for windows xp

Hello JodiGirl,
    Have a look at "This Page".

Comment

HI,

Follow below steps to reset ur XP password.

1. Place your Windows XP CD & boot ur system with it.
      2. During installation u will b asked to repair ur previous XP installation. Press R to begin the Repair process.
      3. System will b rebooted & when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. A command console will now open up.
      4. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Now u will have graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel. Simply change ur account password. Exit & complete the repair process

Comment

Originally posted by vvsakalika View Post
        HI,

Follow below steps to reset ur XP password.

1. Place your Windows XP CD & boot ur system with it.
        2. During installation u will b asked to repair ur previous XP installation. Press R to begin the Repair process.
        3. System will b rebooted & when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. A command console will now open up.
        4. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Now u will have graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel. Simply change ur account password. Exit & complete the repair process
        This Solution sounds better than it actually is, i think.

When you start the the Repair process you will be prompted for the Administrator's password and unless you provide the right Password you won't be able to run anything from the %Windir%.
        Plus under what account will NUSRMGR.CPL run?

I am not sure if this works on the previous Win xp versions and they discovered this vulnerability and patched it up later on, but it doesn't work with WinXP sp2 unless I am missing anything.

So, probably the suggestion from John2008 will be a good starting point.
        Last edited by L4ndy; 4th July 2008, 10:55.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X