Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Pro admin password lost, no CD Floppy or USB

Hi
    I have read almost all the password threads here but cant find the solution.
    I have had done password recoveries before using bootable CDs and USBs.

I have a Toshiba Laptop with XP pro installed and admin password lost.

The CD on the laptop is not working and installing a substitute CD gives an IDE error. So using any bootable CD is not an option.
    There is no floppy, and the bios is too old to boot from USB.
    Since there are many programs istalled on the HD, simply taking out the HD, backing up data and formatting is also not an option.

I can take the Harddisk out and access it from a USB connector.

I heard there's a windows based program that can read/alter SAM file on a slave drive to reset the admin password.

Please tell me if you know of such program, if not any other way to read alter passwords on a slave drive.

Thanks

Re: XP Pro admin password lost, no CD Floppy or USB

I finally found the software Saminside http://www.insidepro.com/eng/saminside.shtml
    It took less than 3 minutes to crack the 8 chracter password from SAM file on the slave drive

Comment

Re: XP Pro admin password lost, no CD Floppy or USB

Originally posted by shakilbm View Post
      I finally found the software Saminside http://www.insidepro.com/eng/saminside.shtml
      It took less than 3 minutes to crack the 8 chracter password from SAM file on the slave drive
      What type of password "attack" did you try w/ SAMInside?

Curious.
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
      X