Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost password on Vista Basic. No A: drive. Tried NT Offline but still cant get in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost password on Vista Basic. No A: drive. Tried NT Offline but still cant get in?

Ok guys Ive tried to use NT offline on a bootable CD but to no avail. My friend has a Vista laptop with no A: drive(but it will support booting form a usb flash key), and as tends to happen every now and then she has lost the password. There is only one active account on the computer. In the linux shell that boots from the cd Im shown 3 accounts however, her account an admin account and a guest account. None are active. Ive manage to blank the password and Ive tried to blank the syskey and it has said that it is successful but it still wont log on. Any body got any ideas as to what I should try next, well before I have to find a copy of the CD from somewhere and reinstall everything???? Oh system restore wont work it has only ever had 1 password. Thanks again guys.

If any more information is needed I should be able to get it.

Thanks,

Relic

Re: Lost password on Vista Basic. No A: drive. Tried NT Offline but still cant get in

hmmm,

what vista type or version did u install?i think u must download a windows vista upgrade advisor. for compatibility of your system...see what are compatible and see if your system ready for vista upgrade....and if its ok and nothing problem ... please try to read this maybe this could help.."http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/how-to-regain-access-to-your-administrator-account-in-windows-vista-using-system-restore/"

goodluck

Comment

Re: Lost password on Vista Basic. No A: drive. Tried NT Offline but still cant get in

You will need Hiren's Boot CD\USB ver 9.x. Last available for now is 9.5.
      REMOVED BY MOD
      Please review section "Password tools".
      Google it. [Due to the controversial nature of this product, member can search for themselves - Mod]
      Good luck!
      Last edited by rvalstar; 22nd June 2008, 21:16. Reason: Removed Google search string and Hiren URL
      Regards
      Denis Laskov
      MCSA/E - CWNA - CCNA

Comment

Please note that, although Hiren's boot CD is a very useful compilation of tools, many are commercial so should not be used unless you have appropriate licenses.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X