Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten windows 2000 admin. password, no burning software, no brain

Hi, thanks for getting me this far,
    My daughter has reset the administrator password on our home PC and now can't remember it,
    I did try tying her to the keyboard for several hours but no joy. I have gone down the track suggested by loginrecovery but then realised I have no burning software to burn the ISO to a CD, and can't install any (I have tried a few) as I do not have administrator rights, obviously.
    Any tiny piece of assistance would be much appreciated, and I apologise in advance if I have asked something "lame" or ignorant or repetitious, I think I have checked all sources...!!
    Thanks again

Stef

Re: Forgotten windows 2000 admin. password, no burning software, no brain

No probs with asking. Nothing "lame" about it, at least you have stated you have tried to look for info. btw if you haven't got the ability to create a cd then you may find a neighbour does.

Have you tried any combinations on this?
    http://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password.htm
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I've just had a similar situation where I pretty much was in a crisis mode to get this computer's access back.
      My friend gave me a tip that worked like magic. Unfortunately it costs about $60 but well worth it as it nukes the password and there is a demo version you can download. The software name is Active Password Changer.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

-Nate

Comment

Well it's best to keep 2 admin accounts on your PC. Keep the other one as a reserve in cases similar to this.

I experienced the same thing before. I remembered using an application from a CD (which ran more like Puppy Linux) that allowed me to gain access to the more basic settings of the PC. Although I can't access the Control Panel, I was given a chance to get a copy of the other admin accounts on my personal folder, which I then used to get in...

I'll try to find that CD I used before, and the name of the program. Might come in handy for the people here later on.

Comment

Working...
        X