No announcement yet.

more than 32 char

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more than 32 char

I have used the cd and retrieved hashes, however, some of them are longer than 34 char. I have tried submitting to get the password but keep getting error because it is too long. Any tips on what to do with these? Here is an example:

edited to add: I am not asking for it to be decoded, just showing an example of the format I received. It is for a laptop with xp.
    Last edited by rvalstar; 20th April 2008, 07:17. Reason: Substituted some red FF's in the hash in case it was the real hash

Re: more than 32 char

Geez, I thought someone would have come across the same problem at some point. I couldnt find anything with google either. I wonder if it is caused by some kind of security thing.

Isn't it easier to just reset the password?
      Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

I doctored the hash just in case it was the actual one as we do not handle hash cracking. I realize this was not the OP's intent (to have us crack his hash). If I have time, I'll look at what LoginRecovery does on my machines.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.