No announcement yet.

Need to find password AND username

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find password AND username

I am a recent college grad just starting out in the IT world. My first day on the job I was told the Admin name and password for server 2003 was changed by the previous guy. I have seen password cracking tools but don't know the Admin user ID . Is there a way to recover the changed name and password without reinstalling and losing Data. Thanks for the help guys I need it.

Re: Quick introduction

Before this thread is moved and a ban applied, why did you post here in the Lounge with this password recover/password change question? Have you not looked through the site for a more suitable forum or read the Posting Rules?
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: Quick introduction

...and while that is being decided, you can find out the user name of a Domain Admin account by listing (either using an AD tool or a CMD batch file) the members of the group "Domain Admins" - or if that does not give useful results, the members of the <domain>\BUILTIN\Administrators group. Members of these groups will have Domain Admin rights in that particular domain.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you