Reset the local Adm pwd but could not login locally as the server is a DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset the local Adm pwd but could not login locally as the server is a DC

I managed to reset the local Adm pwd but could not login locally as the server is a DC.

wiredteknologies --- What do you mean when you said "you must use an located in the AD."

I tried to use ERD to reset the domain adm pwd (of the same server) but failed because the server runs on RAID and it does not have a floppy driver that allows me to insert a driver disk.

Any suggestion or solution ???

Re: Reset the local Adm pwd but could not login locally as the server is a DC

Ryeung, please do not hijack another members thread. Always start your own as your problem may be different.

Could you please post what your problem is and what you have done to try and resolve it. Ta.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Can not login to the DC server as a local adm

Sorry about hijecking the thread as we're facing simliar situation.

Anyway, what we are now facing are:

Forgot the Domain Adm password of Application server that runs on Server 2003 Stand Edition.

We've tried ERD 2002 & 2003 but failed because of the RAID/SCSI hardware with ONE CD drive & 2 USB ports BUT no floppy in which we could not insert the driver disc.

We managed to reset the local Adm. pwd BUT failed to login to the server and the login dialog box ONLY provide a domain login.

Therefore, we are kind of stuck & would if other members may have solutions.

Thanks
      ryeung

Comment

If there's no local domain (computer) when you log in then the server must be a DC. As such, there are no local users and groups. Have you considered purchasing a USB floppy drive to boot from or building a WindowsPE CD with the tools on it to boot from?

Comment

I thought about buy a USB floppy drive but would it store the necessary RAID SCSI drivers? And how do I build a WindowsPC CD as advised?

Comment

If you download the RAID driver and extract it you'll probably find that there are only a few small files and they should fit on a floppy very easily. As for the CD do a Google search for it, you'll find lots of results.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Can I burn the RAID drivers onto the same ERD 2002/2003 CD to skip the floppy driver search? BTW, Is there a way to enable the local login on the DC server?

Comment

Working...
              X