cannot recover password -- drive will not mount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot recover password -- drive will not mount

I am running XP x64 in RAID 0. I had installed new software, and after reboot, got an error saying the system could not find "lsass.exe" There is a fix for it, but you need to get into Windows Recovery. When I type it in, it wont accept it, even though I know the password.

I have since tried several disks to try and access this info, with no luck. With Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, I seem to get the farthest, but am still getting errors.

Most errors seem to be "ntfs fs" errors

VFS: cannot find a valid FAT 32 on dcv sdb1

mounting failed : invalid argument

FAT: bogus number of reserved sectors

I'm hoping these are due to my inability to completely understand this process (i.e. "dumbass")

I consider myself OK with computers, and beleive this is something I can do, but I could really use some assistance here.

Thank you

Re: cannot recover password -- drive will not mount

Did you try to separate one disk from that array, and then let him run as single on normal controller instead of Adaptec (which I believe you're using)? That should work if you have ide or sata disks, and with some scsi if you're lucky. Or did you try to use any Linux distro that could have drivers for your raid controller, get an image of that system, try to run it on similar machine, apply patches, and then ask controller to rebuild an array? If it doesn't work, you will still have an old, not working system on second disk that can be used to rebuild.

That's a blind shots, but I woudl probably do that, just to find out whether it works or not

hope you'll find right solution.

Kind Regards

jum4n7i
    Last edited by jum4n7i; 18th December 2007, 14:08.
    ..:: jumanji

Comment

Raid 0 is striped, so you CANNOT remove a single disk from it!

TBone, do you mean Raid 1 (mirroring?)
      You will probably need to get drivers for your HDD controller to run the password utility properly
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Raid 0 is striped, so you CANNOT remove a single disk from it!

TBone, do you mean Raid 1 (mirroring?)
        You will probably need to get drivers for your HDD controller to run the password utility properly
        You're absolutely right about raid 0. I thought I saw there raid 1 that's why... I think I must go for a holiday...
        ..:: jumanji

Comment

Working...
        X