No announcement yet.

Lost pwd on laptop, need d/l W2K CD (was: Password problem)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost pwd on laptop, need d/l W2K CD (was: Password problem)

Hi all

I have an old laptop (Windows 2000) and i've done something to it so that now when i start up the computer and go the log on page the adminstrator is the user and the password section is already completed, but it won't log on, it says it's the wrong password. Also my own personal account doesn't work either.

Does anybody have any suggestions how i could remedy this?

I'd consider reinstalling Windows, but i haven't got the CD. Would this be downloadable anywhere? There is nothing of any importance on the computer so loosing everything, wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Password problems

No, there isn't anywhere you can download the CD. If you have the windows key, you can borrow someone else's CD, as the license is attached to the key.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

"This is not a dream. Transmitting power is insufficient to reach your conscious mind, but this is not a dream."

Dear new user,

1) Welcome to the forums.

2) Read the forum rules.

3) Make sure next time you choose a better title for your thread. No, the title YOU chose is NOT a good title. Yes, password issues have solutions, some of them are plainly listed in the forum's welcome notes.

4) Read the forum rules, again. This time without the loud music in the background.

Next time, you'll be banned.

"This is not a dream. We are using your brain's electrical system as a receiver. We are unable to transmit through conscious neural interference. You are receiving this broadcast as a dream. We are transmitting from the year one nine nine..." (John Carpenter / The Prince of Darkness)

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services