No announcement yet.

Server 2003 r2 sp2 password issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 r2 sp2 password issue

I have a server as described above. Installed sp2 last night and did not do a backup. When SP2 did not yeild the desired results (massive kerbos errors). I removed it from the Domain to a workgroup with the intention of re-joining.
    After the domain change reboot, the local administrators password would not allow access (I *know* what it was, but it simply would not work). I found your articles and purchased WinKey Pro from The utility finds the account, but freezes at 'Reset "Administrator' password (Y/N)". I have also tried other Linix based crackers without success. They could read the hives, but could not write to it (?).
    I cannot format and reload. I am trying to repair (but I know this will lead me to another password box) Perhaps then the WinKey will then work?

BTW Winkey has not responded to any of my requests for assitance, take note of that if you are contemplating laying down $200 as I have.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Server 2003 r2 sp2 password issue

Try a blank password for the administrator account. If that doesn't work try the utility at the link below.

Problem Solved!!! WinKey worked like champ after reinstall! I feel it only right to post that their product is WELL worth the $200 (for a field tech like me). After the reinstall of the OS, the password reset to blank using thier product as advertised! I must say that they still have not responded to my requests for assistance and that the parser they are using to inline the SATA drivers into the boot cd is not perfect, I had to use a USB and F6 to get drivers to load. But I might get some sleep tonight!!!!

Glad it worked out and thanks for posting back. If you get a chance, please elaborate on "the reinstall of the OS" -- what exactly did you have to do?

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.