Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All administrator accounts locked out or disabled.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All administrator accounts locked out or disabled.

When I switched on account lockout the only admin account got locked out. So now I only have one other account left on the welcome screen, a standard user. I'm guessing that since the admin account had a password and the standard user did not the admin got locked out.

I can not make a new account in control panel because of UAC and when I open Administrative tools>Computer management>Local users and groups I can not unlock it in properties nor enable the built in administrator, nor add the standard user to the admin group.

I can not use system restore or disable the welcome screen because of UAC.
    (when I enter the admins password in UAC it says that the account is locked out or not logged onto).

This is really annoying as I have important files and photos from overseas on the admin account.

Please help.
    Last edited by morganmmp; 4th July 2007, 06:46. Reason: Spelling error.

Re: All administrator accounts locked out or disabled.

FIRST, mount the drive as a slave in another machine where you are able to logon as administrator (WXP is fine) and backup your valuable files.

I'm going to suggest this be moved to the "Forgot Password" forum because that's a more likely place for you to get a response.

I don't have Vista up yet (still looking for the value proposition) so I can't tell you if a repair install w/ a Shift-F10 will work nor if any of the password reset tools will unlock accounts in Vista.

Maybe someone else will have an answer.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

OK thanks I'll try it.

By the way how do you move a thread?

Morgan.

Comment

An admin / moderator already moved it.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by morganmmp View Post
          OK thanks I'll try it.

By the way how do you move a thread?

Morgan.
          It is all done with smoke and mirrors.

As Rick said, the Form Mod or an Admin can move a thread. If you find you post in the incorrect Forum just ask in the post for the thread to be moved. If you are not sure if you are posting in the most appropriate Forum, put it in your post that your are unsure if this is the best location and we can move if necessary. If you post by mistake and can't edit or remove it, again let us know and we can fix it up.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X