Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password crack for Win 2000 server

Hi all,
    I'm using IBM Server 3400 with Windows 2000 Server OS. It seems my administrator password has been cracked as my server is affected with viruses(though I have symantec installed). I tried to reset the password using winternals but in vain. The tool doesnt detect the OS atall. Mine is a SATA hdd. Can anyone of to my help to let me know is there anyother way to reset the password?

Thanks in advance,
    Shaik.

Re: Password crack for Win 2000 server

Originally posted by shaik View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm using IBM Server 3400 with Windows 2000 Server OS. It seems my administrator password has been cracked as my server is affected with viruses(though I have symantec installed). I tried to reset the password using winternals but in vain. The tool doesnt detect the OS atall. Mine is a SATA hdd. Can anyone of to my help to let me know is there anyother way to reset the password?

Thanks in advance,
    Shaik.
    What version of Winternals ERD Commander Pro do you have?

Winternals ERD Commander Pro doesn't recognize your OS because it doesn't have the drivers for the SATA controller.

Try booting to the ERD CD again but press F6 to supply your mass storage driver (your SATA controller driver). Just like you would do for the Windows operating system installation.

Jas
    Last edited by jasonboche; 16th May 2007, 16:14.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Jas,
      Thanks for the reply. I'm using Winternal ERD Commander 2005. I followed the step which u suggested to press F6, and then pressed S for additional devices option, it asked for the OEM floppy disk which i dont know. Can u adivise me on this wht floppy disk i have to load to continue the process?

Thanks a lot.
      Shaik.

Comment

HI,

Try [email protected] Password Changer it's work for me but not free.
        AusNetIT Solutions

Web Design | Web Hosting | SEO | IT Support

Comment

Hi Jas,
          Thanks for the reply. I'm using Winternal ERD Commander 2005. I followed the step which u suggested to press F6, and then pressed S for additional devices option, it asked for the OEM floppy disk which i dont know. Can u adivise me on this wht floppy disk i have to load to continue the process?

Thanks a lot.
          Shaik.
          You'll need to download it from your motherboard/card manufacturer.

Comment

Hi all,
            It seems my administrator password has been cracked as my server is affected with viruses(though I have symantec installed
            Drawing the conclusion your password has been cracked because you have viruses is faulty logic. Not saying this isn't what happened, just that you have given incomplete information to support this conclusion.

So I take it you have viruses and your admin password is no longer what you think it should be? So you'd like to reset your admin password? Don't have personal experience w/ Winternal but if it's doing something like a bootable live windows CD then you'll have to go to IBM and get the SATA driver as wullieb1 said.
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Jas,

Thanks a lot.
              Shaik.
              seriously? it wants a floppy with the onboard SATA drivers. you need the driver disk that came with the machine or you need to go download the correct drivers for your chipset. once you have them, place them on a floppy with the proper .inf file in the root of the floppy. thats it. select the (should be the only) driver displayed after pressing the f6...

proceed...
              its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
              Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
              X