Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How edit AD 2003 database?

Hello,

I'd like reset AD 2003 Administrator password, but previous administrator has disabled default Administrator account and has created second administrator.

Now I have problem because I don't know the name of second administrator. How enable default account or check second name?

--
    Best regards

Re: How edit AD 2003 database?

Is this in a Domain? If so, run "Active Directory Users and Computers". Find the "Domain Admins" group. Look at the "Members" tab. Any accounts in here will have full rights on the domain.

If this is not a domain, right-click "My Computer". Click "Manage". Expand "Local users and groups", click "Groups". Double-click "Administrators". Members of this group have full control of the computer.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Is this in a Domain?
      Yes it's, but I can't use "Active Directory Users and Computers" because I'm not able login (I don't know second administrator account name and password, additionally default administrator account has ).

I'm able login only as local administrator, I've got physical access to server so i can boot from CD/DVD - but I need some tool or something?

Comment

Can you log in with an "Account Operator" or "Server Operator" account? At least then you will be able to use ADU&C to LOOK at the groups I describe.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
          Can you log in with an "Account Operator" or "Server Operator" account? At least then you will be able to use ADU&C to LOOK at the groups I describe.
          Unfortunately I can't. Does somebody know some solution?

Comment

Originally posted by danmc View Post
            I'm able login only as local administrator, I've got physical access to server so i can boot from CD/DVD - but I need some tool or something?
            Have you tried this:

http://www.petri.com/reset_domain_ad...er_2003_ad.htm
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Have you tried this:

http://www.petri.com/reset_domain_..._2003 _ad.htm
              Yes I've. Maybe you don't understand me? I don't know second administrator account name so what name use here:

Code:
              net user ??????????????? 123456 /domain
              I need some program, which can tell me this name (read this information from active directory database).

Comment

If you can do the NET USER bit, why not do a NET USER /ADD /DOMAIN followed by a NET GROUP /ADD /DOMAIN to make that account a domain admin?
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                X