Windows password reset tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows password reset tools

Do any of these password resetting utilities cause the computer to be more vulnerable to hackers afterwards?
    I'm running Win XP Pro on a laptop. Somehow my password got changed and I don't know how, and now I can't even get into my machine.

Also, my Sonic CD burner only lists
    ISO level 2
    ISO+Joliet
    ISO+Joliet+UDF

Which format should I use?

Thanks, Doug
    Last edited by dbond281; 26th April 2007, 20:29.

Re: Windows password reset tools

Well it depends on the utility. The good ones don't install anything; they run from a bootable CD and simply edit a windows file to change the password.

As for the ISO question - please post that in a new thread.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm refering to this one.

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Comment

Originally posted by dbond281 View Post
        Do any of these password resetting utilities cause the computer to be more vulnerable to hackers afterwards?
        I'm running Win XP Pro on a laptop. Somehow my password got changed and I don't know how, and now I can't even get into my machine.
        Originally posted by dbond281 View Post
        Are you suggesting you used this utility and subsequently the password changed thus you are thinking you were hacked?
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Was this question answered?

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy View Post
            Was this question answered?
            You're looking at the same thread as the rest of us. Do you see anything here to suggest the thread was answered / resolved ???
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

I have used "Petter Nordahl-Hagen's Offline NT Password & Registry Editor"

It is Unix based and it is a little nerve racking when going through it the first time. If you follow step 4 in this link, http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

This should do the trick.

One confusing point is when it seems to ask over and over again? Save or exit.

If you have done the steps like it says, save first and then exit.

I went with the step of making the admin password blank.

Hope this helps,

Ryan from Calgary Alberta CANADA

Good Question? rvalstar, I see nothing to indicate been solved.

Comment

Working...
              X