Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Close to pulling my hair out if I don't gain access to my administrative account!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close to pulling my hair out if I don't gain access to my administrative account!!

Hi to all, Ive looked through most of the posts on lost administrative passwords, and tried one solution. E.g. Reboot computer, press CTRL-ALT-DEl 2 times, then enter Administrator as username and leave password blank. However this method did not work for me as a message poped up saying something about no privilages. My Dell computer runs off Windows XP Home Edition, there are four usernames with only 3 of them that do not have administrative access but only me. Ive tried every password I can think of but just cannot get it right. I can access the internet from the other user accounts however I would really like to be able go on my account as I have some university work that can help me soon. Im no expert on computers apart from gaining a B in I.T at A-levels.

I would appreciate it if anyone could provide me with help and I hope I given the right and correct amount of imformation needed. Thanx

Re: Close to pulling my hair out if I don't gain access to my administrative account!

there are four usernames with only 3 of them that do not have administrative access but only me.
    I can't tell from this who has admin privs.

Your problem is 3 accounts can access the internet but not yours? Those 3 (Dad, Mum, ???) have admin rights, yes or no?

Sounds like you need to get one of them to help you out in this matter.

Accessing the internet is not tied to being an admin. Normal user accounts can do that too. Sounds like someone limited what your account can do.

BTW: Do not muck w/ the family PC. You will inevitably get caught.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Re: Close to pulling my hair out if I don't gain access to my administrative account!

And how ON EARTH did you get an "A" Level in IT - especially at grade B - without being at least SOMETHING of an expert in IT?

For members of the forum who are not in the UK, "A" levels are what you need three or four of to get into University here in the UK.
      Last edited by Stonelaughter; 19th March 2007, 17:54.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

You may want to use the Windows Key Boot Disk available as an ISO. You can read about it here: http://forums.petri.com/showpost.php...33&postcount=2

-Eli

Comment

Hi, I just purchased the windows key you recommended Eli, ive downloaded it onto my USB key and when tried to boot the USB key it comes up with 'Operating system missing' could you please advise me what to do. Can I download it onto a CD-R? Ive purchased the tool just dont know how to use it. Help would be highly appreciated!! Thanx

Comment

Did you make the USB key bootable or did you just copy the required files onto it?
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi, I just copied the files to the USB! Could you please tell me how to set it to bootable? cheers

Comment

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=

Post back if you have any problems or questions with that.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X