Password problems with XP workstation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password problems with XP workstation

I run a small network for a doctors office....I have 13 workstations and a 2003 SBS server...One of the workstations in my network is from the original office and was setup with an admin account before it was joined to the current network.
    Ok...The problem....I do not know the admin password, so I can not change the local policys...The login account I have the password for was setup without the ability to install programs...I can't even do a windows update...I need a way to either find the password or change the password on the admin account.
    I have done the password change from the server side and it does not change the admin password on the worstation...I aslo have a roaming admin account but it still denies me permission to add programs! Thanks for any help!
    Jim

Re: Password problems with XP workstation

This thread may be better suited for the "Forgot Administrator Password" forum.

So this workstation is a member of the domain and you can logon using a domain (roaming?) admin account? That bit is unclear to me. Under any of the accounts you can use to logon, are you able to see what local group(s) the account belongs to and possibly add the account to local Administrators?
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Moved to Forgot Administrator Password Forum.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo67 View Post
        I run a small network for a doctors office....I have 13 workstations and a 2003 SBS server...One of the workstations in my network is from the original office and was setup with an admin account before it was joined to the current network.
        Ok...The problem....I do not know the admin password, so I can not change the local policys...The login account I have the password for was setup without the ability to install programs...I can't even do a windows update...I need a way to either find the password or change the password on the admin account.
        I have done the password change from the server side and it does not change the admin password on the worstation...I aslo have a roaming admin account but it still denies me permission to add programs! Thanks for any help!
        Jim
        Have you read Petri's excellent article on recovering/resetting passwords, if so you should already be done. If not u can tell us what u did wrong and we will help if possible.
        Please give points where appropriate

<I dont create ready scripts for you, but I'm willing to point you in the right direction>

Comment

Working...
        X