X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator password forgotten

Hi,

I "forgot" my administrator password.
    Yes, "forgot", I didn't really forget it, I was trying some commands and I did Net user 'Andy' password:"Andy"/ADD/ANDY(domain).
    And I thaught my password was "Andy" but it isn't and I only got one user account on my PC(Andy).
    How can I find or change my password ?

Ambiorix

Re: Administrator password forgotten

You better start by reading the forum introduction first. When you come back, if still you did not succeed, ask your question again, this time provide us with more information. Again, read and follow the forum rules and introduction BEFORE posting.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Administrator password forgotten

Andy:

Daniel is, as always, 100% correct.

You will find a good answer here if you look around.

I will throw you an easy opening pitch:

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
      Easiest things first. Have you tried logging on as Administrator with a blank password? I take it the machine has that cute "Welcome" screen.
      1. Reboot the machine.
      2. At that welcome screen, instead of clicking on the username with the forgotten password, press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice
      3. This should pop up the traditional logon dialog.
      4. Enter Administrator as the username and leave the password blank.
      5. Click OK or press Enter

If you are able to logon, go to "Control Panel", select "User Accounts", click on that username and change the password. Then logoff Administrator and logon as the username.
      If that doesn't get you in, have a read and do come back with your plan / questions.
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
      X