X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to login to windows XP- due to domain being unavailable

Please help,

I have just managed to lock myself out of my parents computer, not sure how

The computer uses Widows XP PRO (SP2 i think), and logins in via active directory domain, however it now says that it can no longer find this domain and therefore i can no longer access the computer. i do not have the passwords to access the computer locally, nor do i have the XP disks as it was preloaded (not sure by whom as the computer was donated to them recently).

Re: Unable to login to windows XP- due to domain being unavailable

Wait until Parents arrive. Log support call with Father. DON'T try to fix anything.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Gotta love a household running AD. Dad (or Mom) must be in the IT biz.
      Last edited by rvalstar; 19th February 2007, 09:04.
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
        Gotta love a household running AD. Dad (or Mom) must be in the IT biz.
        The key word was "donated"
        Someone got an old work PC and it hadn't been disjoined from the domain first. Bound to be problems sooner or later!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Missed that (obviously). Don't know of many enterprises that donate machines to non-charity folks let alone leave them joined to a domain.
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
          X