Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgot pwd - not enough info (was: Plz help me out and reply quick!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot pwd - not enough info (was: Plz help me out and reply quick!)

ok heres my situation, i have a dell comp and the problem is i cant log onto my admin account b/c i forgot password, i can get into my sons, but he is a limited account how can i get in???

Re: Plz help me out and reply quick!

Read this if you want to get any answers!!!

Have you read and tried any of those suggestions first?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Tucker,

Please read the forum rules:

3) Give your post a good topic (or subject line), reflecting the question's intentions

Bad examples:
      For example, if you use a topic like
      Quote:
      PLEASE HELP, I NEED HELP N O W !!!
      or a stupid subject line like
      Quote:
      Windows 2000 help
      I will personally kick you out of here. So is using idioting topic titles such as
      Quote:
      Hi!
      or
      Quote:
      I hate Microsoft
      I don't care about your love relations with Bill, I do care for my forums. Other people need to know what the thread is about, and using stupid titles like these won't help.
      Bad subject lines usually tell us it's a poorly written question. We don't like that.

Good example:
      On the contrary, using a topic like this one
      Quote:
      Help in recovering local admin pwd on WinXP SP2 floppyless laptop
      Will actually bring people in, the ones that know the answer, and also those who do not, but would like to find what the answer is.
      http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=25
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

If its Windows 98, just press CANCEL at the logon box...

In the event you may possibly have some other operating system, please TELL US WHAT IT IS, also what network environment you are in and while you're at it, what bootable devices you have on your dell server (OK, if it isn't a server, tell us what it actually is)

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
          ok heres my situation, i have a dell comp and the problem is i cant log onto my admin account b/c i forgot password, i can get into my sons, but he is a limited account how can i get in???
          Translation:

Please ignore the fact that I write like a young person. My Father has changed my account into a "limited" account and now I can't carry out the nefarious mucking about I used to do. He also changed the password of the computer Admin account so that I can't get in and do it that way. Could you please help me to get through the situation to restore my account's capabilities?

And I thank you, my Fans....

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Tom, you certainly know kidspeak. How old are you???
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
              Translation:

Please ignore the fact that I write like a young person. My Father has changed my account into a "limited" account and now I can't carry out the nefarious mucking about I used to do. He also changed the password of the computer Admin account so that I can't get in and do it that way. Could you please help me to get through the situation to restore my account's capabilities?

And I thank you, my Fans....

LOL

As to the original user asking the question - your thead title has been edited by myself. Do it again and you're out of here. Understood?
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
              X