Clear All

• Missing or corrupt windows root\system 32\ntoskrnl.exe

Hi There,

I got a great new years present!

I came in this AM to my Dental office and my pc had the following error:

Missing or corrupt windows root\system 32\ntoskrnl.exe

Please reinstall the missing file

Now The preface....

I have 9 pcs in the office with a dell server running server 2003 and xp pro sp2 on the workstations.

I had half of the pcs including mine installed 2-3 yrs ago and the server and the other half last year. There were 2 diff companies involved as the first one went out of business. the new one is in California and I am in the midwest, so there is no tech here.

I called Dell, and they got me to the recovery module, but it asks for the administrator password....we dont know what it may be.......

I have tried all the possible passwords i know and leaving it blank, but nothing works. Dell said I am screwed until I get the password. I have been researching on my own, since my tech guys never call back and found this forum.

I am hoping to get some help as there are alot of options to use and I am confused. A lot of the posts are similar, but I dont get the same choices it seems everyone else gets on the screen.

If ayone has ideas, please let me know, i have spent 10 hours today screwing with this and you know I would be better fixing teeth than messing with my pc! Thanks in advance.

I have a ton of files on my hard drive that i need for accounting as it is the year end!

kurt

Re: NEW to the Forum! Help!

First, your thread title needs to be more specific. Please read the rules:

http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=27

Second, I have no idea what you have tried as your post is too vague:

Originally posted by DRPAIN View Post
    I am hoping to get some help as there are alot of options to use and I am confused. A lot of the posts are similar, but I dont get the same choices it seems everyone else gets on the screen.
    Third, I'm sure you can find someone reputable in your area to, at a minimum, burn that "ton of files" to a DVD-R.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

With all due respect DRPAIN, would you like me to spend 10 hours trying to figure out how to work on your teeth . Obviously there is important information on this computer, you are best hiring a local professional to take care of it. If this is a buisenss you can ill afford the loss of data that could very easily happen should you hit the wrong option during recovery.
      Who knows, one of us might be local to you.
      Oh and you better start begging for mercy before Daniel see this title and bans you for ever.

If you ask a "lamer" question like "pliz halp me i forgot my password for my work computer" and from your question we understand that you did NOT read any of the above articles, I will either totally ignore your question, or, delete/lock it the moment I see it, or, if you really piss me off - just ban you from writing again on this forum! You've been warned!
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I will let him chage the title of his post, if he doesn't do so by the time I come here again I will nuke him.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Missing or corrupt windows root\system 32\ntoskrnl.exe

I changed it for him. Not the best title, but not the best explanation of his problem either.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X