No recovery tools can see drives through LSILogic 1020/1030 SCSI controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No recovery tools can see drives through LSILogic 1020/1030 SCSI controller

One of my unexperienced minions reset the local admin password on a 2003 server that is a not a member of a domain. I really don't want to rebuild the server, but the 2 SCSI hard disks are accessed through an LSILOGIC 1020/1030 SCSI Controller. Its the controller that came in this Dell PE1600SC. This is not a RAID controller.

None of the bootable recovery tools can see the hard disks because the drivers are hard to find. NT Offline did not have drivers for it. None of the other tools I could find had drivers for it.

Has anyone dealt with this SCSI controller before in conjunction with any of the bootable password reset/recover tools?

googlin away

I googled

LSI Logic 1020/1030 SCSI controller driver

and came up with a lot of drivers.

Those minions are always up to something!

Good luck!
    Stacy
    It's not what you know, it who's on your IM list.

Comment

Re: No recovery tools can see drives through LSILogic 1020/1030 SCSI controller

I would go here first and try these drivers

http://support.euro.dell.com/support...&os=DOS&osl=EN

Comment

RESOLVED - Solution below

Thanks for the replies, guys.

StillAsleep, I did the same google search and followed through on all things promising. The trouble was finding a driver for the respective OS of each bootable tool. My old standby, NT Offline, boots to a Mandrake Linux kernel and wants the driver is a ".ko.gz" archive. Whatever that is. Other bootable tools are not easy to add drivers to if you can even find the correct version.

Wullieb1, the Dell driver site was the first place I looked. The problem was that for any OS other than Windows, the only "Non-RAID SCSI Driver" available was for the Adaptec 39160.

Since the only driver I could reliably find was for Windows, I checked into the only Windows boot CD that I know of, Bart's PE. I had never played with it before. Sure enough, it is very easy to add Windows SCSI drivers and password resetting tools to it. From the time I googled "Bart's PE" to the time I was back into my server was about 30 minutes. I quickly found 2 different plugins that did the job, one of which was NT Offline running in Cygwin.

Comment

Originally posted by Typoman View Post
          RESOLVED - Solution below

Thanks for the replies, guys.

StillAsleep, I did the same google search and followed through on all things promising. The trouble was finding a driver for the respective OS of each bootable tool. My old standby, NT Offline, boots to a Mandrake Linux kernel and wants the driver is a ".ko.gz" archive. Whatever that is. Other bootable tools are not easy to add drivers to if you can even find the correct version.

Wullieb1, the Dell driver site was the first place I looked. The problem was that for any OS other than Windows, the only "Non-RAID SCSI Driver" available was for the Adaptec 39160.

Since the only driver I could reliably find was for Windows, I checked into the only Windows boot CD that I know of, Bart's PE. I had never played with it before. Sure enough, it is very easy to add Windows SCSI drivers and password resetting tools to it. From the time I googled "Bart's PE" to the time I was back into my server was about 30 minutes. I quickly found 2 different plugins that did the job, one of which was NT Offline running in Cygwin.
          Well done m8.

Thanks for posting back with your solution it is very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X