Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgotten Password (was: Need Help!!!!!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten Password (was: Need Help!!!!!)

I have 2 computers in my house, My buddy tried to download a game the other day and he said it needed to be restarted to work right, ok, Now when i start my computer, it asks for a password, I have no clue what the password would be! I dont remember even putting one in, This has never happend before, Now i cant even get into the computer at all! I have Windows XP, I dont know what to do now?? someone please help me? all of my work files are on that one, and cant even get on now. Any help will be appriciated!! thanks.

Re: Need Help!!!!!

Try control+ alt, delete....twice at the log on page and try to enter as administrator, wich should not have a password or the password is administrator, depending on who build your pc's.

Comment

Re: Forgotten Password (was: Need Help!!!!!)

moved to correct forum, and changed password title.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

its made by dell. and sorry about the placement of the thread

Comment

Yep, should be no password on administrator account on Dell computers. How long have you had this computer, and have you ever rebooted it?
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We have had it maybe 3 months, I tried it and didnt work! I have no clue what to do, it still says i need a password!

Comment

So did you try draquen's Try control+ alt, delete....twice suggestion?
              Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
              X